We’re excited to announce the development of an All-New Uptime LegalWorks.
For the past six months we’ve been quietly working on a completely new version of our award-winning document management system, Uptime LegalWorks.
And we’re ready to officially share the news.
This isn’t just an update or a new version; we’re building an entirely new application, from the ground up, born in the cloud and built for law firms. The New LegalWorks will include all of the popular functionality of the current version of LegalWorks, and a whole lot more.
Unlike the current version of LegalWorks, New LegalWorks isn’t built on SharePoint or any other off-the-shelf system. We’ve built it from scratch, using modern cloud technologies, building in features and capabilities that you, and other law firms like you, want.
Packed With New Features
New LegalWorks will be packed with new functionality upon release.
- A completely re-imagined User Interface – cleaner, modern and even easier to use.
- Data Encryption at Rest – built-in, automatically.
- Native Two-Factor Authentication (TFA).
- Folders for Email Management (matter email tab).
- Folders for Note Management (matter notes tab).
- Significantly better file management (upload, copy, move).
- Customizable columns (Matter screen, Client screen and more).
- Expanded Browser Support – Use Chrome or your favorite Internet browser.
- Tags for Everything – Documents, Matters, Clients and more.
- Significantly expanded infrastructure reliability and security.
- More storage included, and better pricing for additional storage.
And we’re just getting started. We’ve got tons planned for future updates to New LegalWorks, including full Mac OS compatability, a complete Client Portal system, automatic/predictive email management, matter/folder templates and integration with today’s leading practice management applications.
Our plan is to keep pricing the same or comparable, but increase the amount of storage included in your plan by default.
Probably. We plan to release an early-access version of the New LegalWorks in Q4, so that you can get your hands on it ASAP
Absolutely. We’ll migrate you from your current LegalWorks to the New LegalWorks system when you’re ready, at no additional cost.
As we mentioned, unlike the current version, the New LegalWorks will not be built on SharePoint. We’re building New LegalWorks from the ground up using modern cloud technologies like React and AWS.
Planning is still early, but we do plan to develop a track and allow IT and software consultants to become LegalWorks Certified Consultants (working title) early 2020. This will allow participating consultants to move their clients to the New LegalWorks.