ScanSnap Review: A Comprehensive Review of the ScanSnap iX500
The ScanSnap iX500 is a desktop document scanner that is considered the “go-to” model for many lawyers and law firms. While the entire ScanSnap line of scanners is great, in this ScanSnap review, we’re going to explore the iX500 model in-depth. We will explore its features, benefits, price, and what sort of law practice would most benefit from this particular model.
Key Features of the ScanSnap iX500
A document scanner is a key piece of equipment for any law firm. The reason why the ScanSnap iX500 is so popular with the legal industry is because of its features:
- The ability to scan to multiple document forms. With this document scanner, you can scan documents into searchable PDFs, JPG files, an editable Word document, an editable Excel file, business card size, and even send the information to a mobile or smart device.
- Wi-Fi compatibility. While this model can be used with a USB cord, it’s also Wi-Fi compatible. Using a PC or a Mac, the user can connect to the device through an existing wireless router.
- Send scanned files to the cloud. The ScanSnap iX550 provides users with the ability to scan documents directly to a cloud drive. It has its own cloud, ScanSnap Cloud. It also has the ability to send files to your favorite cloud apps like Evernote, DropBox, and LegalWorks.
- Double-sided color scanning. Another great feature of this model is its ability to quickly scan double-sided color documents. It scans, roughly, 25 pages each minute.
- Intelligent scanning corrections. With its own built-in microprocessor, this document scanner can quickly provide certain forms of automatic corrections as documents are scanned.
- Fewer paper jams during scanning. All law firms can attest to the fact there are very few things worse in law firm life than paper jams. This model uses an advanced paper feeding system that cuts down on paper jams. It also has a specialized roller to help separate pages while scanning takes place.
- Ultrasonic sensor to help produce the best possible scans. Users have the option of activating the ultrasonic sensor to help ensure that every page of a document is scanned.